[R] R on solaris 10 on a 64-bit ultra60 sparc

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Feb 14 14:37:38 CET 2005

Christoph Lehmann wrote:

> Hi
> since I have no experience with solaris and sparc-architecture. We
> installed the latest Solaris 10 on a 64-bit ultra60 sparc machine. Since
> the solaris 10 is said to run native linux-applications: can I just

Native for what? 32 bit linux on x86 architecture, 64 bit on x86, 32 bit
on sparc, 64 bit on sparc??? I guess the latter, and there are no R
binaries for linux on sparc available, AFAIK.

Conclusion: Compile yourself, so you can also make use of the SUN
performance libraries (hope I remember name correctly) or ATLAS / Goto's
BLAS.

Uwe Ligges