[R] Saving graphs in formats other than PDF?

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 11 16:13:50 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Uwe Ligges wrote:
> Jim and Chana Milks wrote:
>> I am running R 2.01 on Mac OS 10.3.7.  Whenever I save graphs, they are
>> saved as PDF files.  Are there any other file formats to which I could save
>> my graphs.  I would like to directly export my graphs to MS Word, if
>> possible.
>

> See ?Devices.

It's not quite that simple.  There was some discussion on r-sig-mac
earlier today.  It turns out to be quite hard to get good quality graphics
into MS Office documents on the Mac.   The natural thing to use is PDF,
but Office rasterises this, and not very well.

For Powerpoint it appears that the best solution that doesn't require
other software may be png(), but for written documents that may be less
satisfactory.

 	-thomas