[R] sample

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Feb 11 11:24:04 CET 2005

See below.

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 14:53 -0800, T. Murlidharan Nair wrote:
> Just to explain my previous mail, here is the output I get.
>

>  > dim(tissue.exp)
> [1] 1532   20

What is this object ? Try class(tissue.exp)

>  > pick<-sample(tissue.exp,5,replace=TRUE)
>  > dim(pick)
> [1] 1532    5

>From help(sample) :

    sample(x, size, replace = FALSE, prob = NULL)

    x: Either a (numeric, complex, character or logical) vector of
       more than one element from which to choose, or a positive
       integer.

x has to be a vector or positive integer integer. I am not sure how you
got "sample" to work on tissue.exp in the first place. Maybe you got
your own version of "sample".