[R] Re: Packages and Libraries

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 06:44:52 CET 2005

Hm.  Everyone else got it (the reasons for the change).

The reason is that beginners often fail to get it (package vs.
library), and one of the contributing factors is the naming approach,
which isn't clear.  Certain people are rather sensitive to mistakes of
this nature, so we end up with 2-3 messages expressing frustration
because some people (who are sometimes asking otherwise reasonable
questions) aren't detail-oriented enough to suit.

Please read the rest of the thread, where the questions you ask are
covered (though whether on r-devel or r-help, I'm not sure, since my
mail is completely threaded).

--
best,
-tony

"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

A.J. Rossini
blindglobe at gmail.com