[R] install RMySQL

Xander Meadow xmeadow at uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 9 16:10:13 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm still trying to get RMySQL installed on my Mac.  When I try and
install from R (version 2.0.1) I'm told that the library "libz" can't be
located.  It suggests checking in /usr/lib to see if I have the
necessary libraries.  However, if I check /usr/lib I find I have the
following:

libz.1.1.3.dylib*
libz.1.dylib*
libz.dylib@

Since I have the libraries that RMySQL needs to install I can't figure
out why the installation is failing.  Does anyone have any thoughts on
how to get RMySQL installed on my Mac?  Thanks so much.