[R] MLE: Question

h.brunschwig@utoronto.ca h.brunschwig at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 8 00:07:18 CET 2005

Hi R users!

I have a likelihood ratio statistic that depends on a parameter delta and I am
trying to get confidence intervals for this delta using the fact that the
likelihood ratio statistic is approx. chi-squared distributed.

For this I need to maximize the two likelihoods (for the ratio statistic) one of
which depends on delta too and I am trying to use the function "mle". But delta
is neither a parameter I would like to estimate nor a fixed value that I know
the value of (to give it to the "mle" function with fixed=list(delta=?)).

Can I still use "mle" to find the likelihood of the data (just denoting delta as
a constant)?

Thank you.

Hadassa