[R] RODBC working in Rgui but not Rterm

Shlomo Katchmalik katchmalik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 01:33:10 CET 2005

Hello Users:

I'm using R version 2.0.1, and having problems with RODBC.  Everything
works fine when I use Rgui, but when I try to use Rterm and issue the
commands
  library(RODBC)
  con <- odbcConnect("MySQL", "test")

I get the following error:
Error in sqlQuery(con, str) : first argument is not an open RODBC channel
In addition: Warning messages:
1: [RODBC] ERROR: state IM008, code 0, message [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Invalid
window handle for connection completion argument.
2: ODBC connection failed in: odbcDriverConnect(st, case = case, believeNRows =
believeNRows)

Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,
Shlomo.