[R] Lecture

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Feb 6 22:16:10 CET 2005

Bernardo Rangel Tura wrote:
> Hi R-masters!
>
>> I you receive an invitation to make a lecture about R in Medical
>> School of Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.
>

>>  The goal of the lecture is to stimulate the use of R instead of
>> others statiscal software in the Medical School.
>

>>  It would like to hear tour suggestions on which topics to present in
>> the lecture.

I'd rather focus on R. ;-)

A subset of typical stuff for advertisements:
- The language and its capabilities
  + from the language point of view
  + huge number of statistical methods implemented
  + outstanding graphical capabilities
- GPL/Open Source
- packages
- for a medical school Bioconductor might be of high relevance

Uwe Ligges