[R] If this is should be posted elsewhere, please advise

roy wilson rwilson+ at pitt.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:54:17 CET 2005

Hi,

I am puzzled by the relationship between the p-values asociated with the
coefficients of a univariate logistic regression involving categorical
variables and the p-value I get from Fisher's exact test of the
associated 2 x 2 contingency table.

(1) The 2-sided p-value for the table is ~ 0.0015, whereas the p-value
for the independent is 0.101 and the p-value for the intercept is ~0.56.

(2) I know the the coefficient for the independent is the ln(OR)
(assuming I recall correctly). Most accounts I've seen ignore the
intercept, say it's hard to interpret, or give an interpretation (with
respect to the dataset as a single group) that I can't square with the
interpretation of beta[1].

Thanks for help for redirection.

--
Roy Wilson