[R] (no subject)

Wed Feb 2 05:08:04 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 16:17 +1300, Brett Stansfield wrote:
> can you recommend a good manual for R that starts with a data set and gives
> demonstrations on what can be done using R? I downloadedR Langauage
> definition and An introduction to R but haven't found them overly useful.
> I'd really like to be able to follow some tutorials using a dataset or many
> datasets. The datasets I have available on R are

Brett,

First, review the R Posting Guide at:

http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

There are good pointers as to how to get help with R.

The R Language Definition document is a reference, not a tutorial. You
wouldn't read the OED to learn how to speak English right?

If you have found the Intro To R document lacking in some fashion, there
are other Contributed documents available at:

http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html

which is referenced in the Posting Guide.

I would suggest starting with those.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz