[R] Help with Kriging

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at est.ufpr.br
Thu Dec 29 18:07:48 CET 2005

Jennifer

The algorithms in geoR are (at least up to now) focused on kriging with
global neighbourhood.

You you would like to use moving neighbourhood based on distances my nest
advice is to use a function from another package such as RandomFields,
gstat, or any other geostats package

Best
P.J.

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Jennifer Lenz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:13:08 -0500
> From: Jennifer Lenz <Jennifer.Lenz at tufts.edu>
> To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
> Subject: [R] Help with Kriging
>
> R Experts,
>
> I'm looking for some help with the geoR package.  I'm trying to krig
> some data without using a global neighborhood.  I would like to set my
> moving neighborhood to a distance, say 100 meters, where I know my data
> is spatially correlated.  I have tried the ksline function, but that
> only allows my moving neighborhood to be set to a number of data points.
>  But, since my data is not equally spaced it makes more sense to use a
> distance.  Is there a function out there that would allow me to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jen Lenz
> Tufts University

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
LEG (Laboratório de Estatística e Geoinformação)
Departamento de Estatística
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990