[R] Repeating functions

Kort, Eric Eric.Kort at vai.org
Thu Dec 29 17:01:52 CET 2005

Ronnie Babigumira said...

>Hi, I have a number of spatial weight files and using Roger Bivand's spdep, I would like to
>
>1. Convert them into neighbor lists using
>2. Convert the neighbor lists into spatial weights
>
>For a given file, the syntax would be
>
>mygal_nb1 <- read.gal("mygalfile1", override.id = TRUE)
>myweight1 <- nb2listw(mygal_nb1)
>
>I have mygalfile[i] with i from 1 through to 6 and would like to repeat the above two lines through 1 to 6.
>something like (the syntax below is not correct...just an illustration)
>
>for (i in 1:6) {
>mygal_nb[i] <- read.gal("mygalfile[i]", override.id = TRUE)
>myweight[i] <- nb2listw(mygal_nb[i]
>}
>

>Kindly point me in the right direction (whilst read through the material I have)

Looks like you want to create lists of objects.  Likely the best place to start is looking at the section on lists in An Introduction to R (which came with your R distribution and can be accessed via help.start(), or you can download it here: http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.pdf).

-Eric

>Ronnie
This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}