[R] Omegahat sjava

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Dec 28 12:54:33 CET 2005

Neil Eastep wrote:
> I am trying to download and install Omegahat Sjava
> (http://www.omegahat.org/RSJava) to be able to call R from within Java.
>
> The install instructions are as follows:
>
> cd $RHOME/src/library
>    unzip SJava_0.69-0.zip
>    cd SJava
>    ./configure.win $RHOME
>    cd $RHOME/src/gnuwin32
>    make pkg-SJava
>
> However, my command prompt won't recognize "unzip","./configure.win", or
> "make".  What should I do to make this work?

Please read the whole page you cited above and install the required
tools. Which tools are required to build packages from source is also
described in the R Installation and Administration manual.

Perhaps you can live with the CRAN package rJava (there is a binary
Windows version available).

Uwe Ligges