[R] nls problem

Weijie Cai wcai11 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:51:13 CET 2005

Hi list,

I tried to use nls to do some nonlinear least square fitting on my data with
340 observations and 10 variables, but as I called nls() function, I got
this error message:
Error in qr.qty(QR, resid) : 'qr' and 'y' must have the same number of rows
Then I traced back a little bit into nls() function, the error seemed to
happen when calling nlsiter() internal function, but I did not find any clue
calling qr.qty() function in nls.c. I searched around mailing list, there
were some posts about this message but none of them were clearly solved. I
wonder if anybody solved this problem? (Bate's example worked, though)

Thanks