[R] glmmADMB: Generalized Linear Mixed Models using AD Model Builder

Hans Julius Skaug Hans.Skaug at mi.uib.no
Tue Dec 20 12:25:59 CET 2005

I agree that the model is not fitting the Lesaffre data well, but my point was
to show that glmmADMB is numerically stable. Numerical
stability is obviously a nice property, but becomes particularly important
when one wants to do parametric bootstrappin, which I think is needed
for these kinds of models to assess bias in parameter estimates.

glmmADMB produces the exact parameter values that maximizes the Laplace approximation
for this dataset. Another story is that the Laplace approximation
is inaccurate here, as can be shown by using other likelihood approximations.

hans