[R] bivariate kernel density estimates at point locations (rather than at grid locations)

Strickland, Matthew cro6 at cdc.gov
Thu Dec 15 20:21:17 CET 2005

Hi,

My data consists of a set of point locations (x,y).

I would like to know if there is a procedure for bivariate kernel
density estimation in R that returns the density estimates at the
observed point locations rather than at grid locations. I have looked at
a number of different routines and they all seem to return estimates at
grid locations.

Any type of kernel is fine (i.e., Gaussian, Quartic, etc).

Thank you for your help!

Matt Strickland
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention