[R] Generation of missiing values in a time serie...

Alvaro Saurin saurin at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 19:33:50 CET 2005

On 13 Dec 2005, at 20:06, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

> In thinking about this some more, the trick I discussed is
> probably not the best way to do it since its possible that
> in the future zoo will completely disallow illegal zoo objects.
> I think a better way might be to construct it like this:
>

> aggregate(zoo(z.data), round(z.time, 1), tail, 1)
>
> where z.data is the matrix and z.time are the times.  The variable
> z, which is an illegal zoo object, would not be created but in terms
> of z, since that is what I have reproducibly from your post, we have:
>
> z.data <- coredata(z)
> z.time <- time(z)

Thanks for your help. However, I have finally implemented a solution
by myself, using a loop that iterates over the original serie. I
haven't been able to find a way of using these functions and
generating a regular time serie in the way I wanted. Thanks anyway.

Alvaro

--
Alvaro Saurin <alvaro.saurin at gmail.com> <saurin at dcs.gla.ac.uk>