[R] Ploting graphics using X tints from a color

Sérgio Nunes snunes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 19:34:48 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to draw a 2D plot using multiple tints of red. The
(simplified) setup is the following: || year | x | y ||

My idea is that each year is plotted with a different tint of red.
Older year (lightest) -> Later year (darkest). I've managed to plot
this with different scales of grays simply by doing:

palette(gray(length(years):0/length(years)))

before the plot and for each year the color used is a different tint of gray.

So, is there any way to do this for any color?
Any tip or advice?

With this, I hope to visualize patterns in my dataset more easily.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Sérgio Nunes