[R] Question

Davia Cox davia.cox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 12:20:15 CET 2005

Hello,

I have a problem that I am trying to solve and I am not sure how to
do it in R.

Suppose, that 16 numbers are choosen at random from 0 to 9, what's
the probability that their average will be between 4 and 6. I typed
the following code:

set.seed(100)
sample(0:9, 16, replace =TRUE)
    [1] 3 2 5 0 4 4 8 3 5 1 6 8 2 3 7 6

Is what I got, however I realize the set.seed function locks in the
number I get every time.
My question is in order to run a true random sample, wouldn't I have
to use the runif function? And then deliminate the sample to show the
numbers that lie between 4 and 6? If that's the case, how do I do that?

Davia S. Cox
517-575-8031 cell
davia.cox at gmail.com

"Human potential, though not always apparent, is there waiting to be
discovered and invited forth." -William W. Purkey