[R] tkbind key pressed

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Dec 9 23:51:59 CET 2005

"Manel Salamero" <10133msb at comb.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I see in Wettenhall RTclTk Examples that tkbind(xxx, <Key>,...) can
> pass the key pressed. How can I get the key pressed?

By making the callback function have an argument with a specific name.
Lookup  the %-codes in the Tk man page for "bind". There are multiple
codes for getting the key as keycode, keysym, Unicode character,...
E.g.

    %K   The  keysym  corresponding  to the event, substituted as a textual
         string.  Valid only for KeyPress and KeyRelease events.

so if you declare your callback to be

f <- function(K) print(K)

the keysym should be printed to the console.

[actually. that might be print(tclvalue(K)) --- I forget whether these
arguments are passed as tclObj's.]

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B