[R] combining two list objects

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Fri Dec 9 17:52:41 CET 2005

Hi, I have 2 list objects, say list1 and list2

Each element of list1 is a list with components: model, pcorrect
Each element of list2 has a single unnamed numeric value

What I would like to do is to be able to combine list1 and list2 to give
list3 such that
list3 is a list where each element is a list with components:

model, pcorrect, tcorrect

where tcorrect is a value taken from list2.

I am currently doing something like below. Is it possible to do this
without explicitly looping?

 ll1 <- list(model=1, pcorrect=2)
 ll2 <- list(model=3, pcorrect=4)

 list1 <- list(ll1, ll2)
 list2 <- list(9,10)

 list3 <- list()
 for (i in 1:length(list1)) {
    tmp1 <- list1[[i]]
    tmp2 <- list2[[i]]
    list3[[i]] <- list(model=tmp1$model, pcorrect=tmp1$pcorrect,
tcorrect=tmp2)
 }

 > list3
[[1]]
[[1]]$model
[1] 1

[[1]]$pcorrect
[1] 2

[[1]]$tcorrect
[1] 9

[[2]]
[[2]]$model
[1] 3

[[2]]$pcorrect
[1] 4

[[2]]$tcorrect
[1] 10

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE