[R] Matrix Problem

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Fri Dec 9 14:38:44 CET 2005

Beyond asking why, and not letting R do work for you, let me just note
that inverting the full matrix is often computationally wasteful. You
can take the Cholesky decomposition M = L'L where M is your matrix and
then only work with L. Other than that, there are two packages for
dealing with sparse matrices, one is SparseM and the other is in the
Matrix package (assuming you have a sparse matrix).