[R] langugae settings

Ariel Bergamini ariel.bergamini at gmx.ch
Fri Dec 9 11:41:05 CET 2005

Hi

I just installed R 2.2.0 on Windows 2000. I was quite surprised to find the
console language set to german (I live in the german part of Switzerland).

In the last hour I read the FAQ and I searched the mail archives, but I
failed to change the language according to the instructions given. The only
thing which worked was to change the locale location settings to English (UK
or United States).

Perhaps I am too stupid to understand the instructions given in the FAQs.
Thus, I would be very thankful if someone could give me clear advice (I am a
biologist and not a techie) how to change the language permanently.

I think it would also be great if in future versions of R it would e
possible to change the language during the installation.

thanks in advance

Ariel Bergamini