[R] Loading namespaces

Matthias Kohl Matthias.Kohl at stamats.de
Thu Dec 8 23:14:37 CET 2005

BBK schrieb:

>Just noticed the mssing ) at the end of the setClass statement, it is there
>in the orginal
>
>Phineas

Do you mean

.onLoad <- function(lib, pkg) require(methods)

as given in Section 1.6.6 of "Writing R Extensions"

>When I run R CMD check I get Syntax error in the only R file.  If I comment
>out the .onLoad function I get a package/namespace load failed error.
>
>Are libname and pkgname parameters for the function .onLoad that need to
>explicitly stated, or does R populate them when the package is loaded?
>
>Does .onLoad as defined above do enough to ensure that the namesapce is
>loaded?

see Section 1.6.6 (ibid.): "There needs to be an .onLoad action to
ensure that the methods package is loaded and attached"

hth
Matthias

>Phineas Campbell
>

>>version
>>

>         _
>platform sparc-sun-solaris2.9
>arch     sparc
>os       solaris2.9
>system   sparc, solaris2.9
>status
>major    2
>minor    1.0
>year     2005
>month    04
>day      18
>language R
>         _

StaMatS - Statistik + Mathematik Service
Dipl.Math.(Univ.) Matthias Kohl
www.stamats.de