[R] Broken links on CRAN

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 21:43:49 CET 2005

On 05-Dec-05 Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 12/5/2005 3:05 PM, Doran, Harold wrote:
>> Hi Duncan
>>
>> I tried various ones, but try ash.pdf. I was not able to work with
>> this file. But, when I go to another mirror, I can open this file no
>> problem.
>
> Strange.  I have no problem downloading that file in Firefox, but
> Internet Explorer declares it to be damaged.
>
> I'll let Statlib know about this, but I expect their advice will be
> "Use Firefox".
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Confirmed -- I was using Firefox too (see very recent mail to list
regarding a file comparison which showed that Harols was getting
truncated files). Your within-plot comparison of IE vs FF points
the finger much better than the between-plots trial Harold and I
carried out!

Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 05-Dec-05                                       Time: 20:35:25