[R] what is best for scripting?

Molins, Jordi Jordi.Molins at drkw.com
Fri Dec 2 09:37:33 CET 2005

I am using R in Windows. I see that I will have to use batch processes with
R. I will have to read and write text files, and run some R code; probably
some external code too. I have never done scripting. Is there any document
that explains simple steps with examples? I also have heard that Python is a
good scripting language. Is it worth the effort? (I do not have too much
free time, so if I could do without, much better ...).

Has anybody strong opinions on that? Past experiences?

Thank you!

Jordi