[R] contrib pkg install problem on Windows with R2.2.0

Ingmar Visser I.Visser at uva.nl
Thu Dec 1 16:48:06 CET 2005

Dear R-helpers,
I made the package depmix for fitting hidden markov models.
After updating R to version 2.2.0 on my PC I got the following error when
installing the package from a local directory. One of the C files includes
the R.h file which apparently causes problems.

I call

R CMD INSTALL --docs="normal" depmix

and I get the following error:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'C:/rw2011/include/R.h', needed by
derdist.o. Stop.

In the previous version of R that I used, the package compiles & installs
without problems.

My question is what to make of this error since the R CHANGES file states
that "The 'rw2010' notation has been dropped." so the rw2011 directory does
not even exist. Even so, R CMD INSTALL does not complain that it can not
find the directory but only says there is "no rule to make target", which I
fail to understand.

Any hints are welcome, best, ingmar