[R] tie diagrams

Jim Lemon bitwrit at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 30 15:59:46 CEST 2005

alessandro carletti wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> can anyone help me in finding informations about tie
> diagrams?
> (And how to get such graphics with R).
> Thanks

Hi Alessandro,

There are several sites with definitions and illustrations of "bow tie
diagrams", e.g.

http://www.eagle.org/news/pubs/surveyor/dec99/ism.htm

It wouldn't be too hard to put something together in R to do simple ones
with risk factors on the left and events on the right, but I suspect
that the more complex varieties with barriers and recovery actions are
built up box by box using a pointing device with dedicated software like
BowTieXP. Obviously a "presentation" tool.

Jim