[R] How to do log normal regression?

Frederico Zanqueta Poleto fred at poleto.com
Thu Aug 25 13:25:22 CEST 2005

A very simple and useful relation between the normal and log-normal distributions is that if log(Y) follows the normal distribution, then Y follows the log-normal distribution, and vice-versa.

Then, if you want to do a log-normal regression, you can take the natural logarithm of your data and do a normal regression.

Take a look on any book about statistical distributions, e.g. the one from Evans, Hastings and Peacock or Johnson and Kotz or Patel, Kapadia and Owen,  because I am not so sure, but I think the exponential of the fitted values will be the estimated median of the log-normal distribution.

Regards,
--
Frederico Zanqueta Poleto
fred at poleto.com
--
"All knowledge is, in final analysis, History. All sciences are, in the abstract, Mathematics. All judgements are, in their rationale, Statistics." Radhakrishna Rao

------------- Segue mensagem original! -------------