[R] plotting gam

Tkadlec Emil tkadlec at prfnw.upol.cz
Wed Aug 24 10:45:17 CEST 2005

Hi Sean,
my working example is simple. I am modeling a response variable, say
y, using two quantitative predictors, say x1 and x2:
model<-gam(y~s(x1)+s(x2)
Then, I plot the model using
plot(model, residuals=T,se=T)
If I set par(mfrow=c(1,2)) before that, I get two nice figures for both
predictors, with regression lines, s.e. envelopes and points. However, I
would like to have the regression lines thicker to emphasize more the
underlzing relationships between response and predictors, with
everything else on the fig left unchanged.
Hope it's enough
Emil

Emil Tkadlec
Palacky University                PrF UP
Faculty of Science                katedra ekologie
Department of Ecology             tr. Svobody 26
tr. Svobody 26                    771 46 OLOMOUC
771 46 Olomouc                    tel. 58 563 4561
Czech Republic
email: tkadlec at prfnw.upol.cz