[R] Problem with RCMD build ...

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta cgb at datanalytics.com
Tue Aug 23 23:51:34 CEST 2005

Dear Justin,

I also had similar problems recently...  In fact, I have just created a
"package" using package.skeleton and if I try to build it without
editing the DESCRIPTION file (you did not mention you did, right?) R
complains. In fact, it appears to be malformed (I am running version
2.1.0 of R on a Debian (testing) Linux box); it is [sic]:

Package: fooType: Package
Title: What the package does (short line)
Version: 1.0