[R] repeated - R package - Compilation Error

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Aug 20 23:58:04 CEST 2005

    rab45> I'm not sure what your point is. I'm getting a compilation error for a
    rab45> package that should compile without errors. The error message doesn't say
    rab45> anything about needing anything - it doesn't complain about
    rab45> "dependencies." Now once I got repeated to compile, it did give a
    rab45> *warning" message about needing rmutils. But rmutils won't compile and
    rab45> gives several error messages (in my other post). I've installed many R
    rab45> packages and I've never seen problems like this before.

well, probably the others where CRAN or bioconductor packages ?

You know, there *is* a reason why we (actually, the repository
maintainers) require that a package runs  "R CMD check" without
a warning.
If package authors are not willing to clean up and document
their code well enough to be accepted by CRAN,  you have to
expect hardship when trying to install / use the package....

Martin Maechler