[R] tackle with error

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Aug 19 15:10:00 CEST 2005

Mostafa Ghaderi <mostafa.ghaderi <at> inw.agrl.ethz.ch> writes:

> may you drop me some idea how can i get rid of following error message:
> Error in switch(nmeth, { : NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)
> i dont know what does nmeth and ther rest of error message mean? i have
> a file which contains 460 rows and 174 columns including missing value
> as NA.

I assume that you are using R on some silicon-based electric circuit, but
that's about all I can guess to understand the error message. In what command
did it occur? Possibly "read.table"? And try

  traceback()

after the error message. And if it is during read-in of data, shorten your file
to 3 lines and try again.

Dieter