[R] plotting issue with timestamps

Dhiren DSouza dhiren22 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 23:26:52 CEST 2005

I have a dataset with transactions and a timestamp at which they occoured
during a day.  The time stamp is in the format YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss.  I would
like to plot a timeseries of the transactions to see if there is a
particular time in the day when there is a spike in transactions.  Ofcourse
the YYYY/MM/DD can be dropped since I am monitoring activity for the day and
the actual date is unimportant.

Can anyone give me some direction on this.  I could possibly build a
frequency table but not sure how to plot against the timestamp in the format
above.  Any help would be appreciated.

-Dhiren