[R] Conditional Matrices

ISAIAH SHALWITZ shalwitz.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 16 05:00:35 CEST 2005

This seems like a simple problem but I can't figure it out:

I have two identical DIMENSION matrices.  Both contain only binary values NOT identical between matrices.  What I want to do: If in cell (1,1) the value in the first matrix (x) equals 1, then I keep the value in cell (1,1) in the second matrix (y).  If in cell (1,1) the value in the first matrix (x) equals 0, then I change the value in cell (1,1) in the second matrix (y)to missing (NA).  Repeat for every pair of cells (coordinates of the paired cells always match).

Please help.