[R] PCA problem in R

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Aug 15 19:11:50 CEST 2005

You are wrong. No covariance matrix is computed. Please don't "speculate" --
read the Help file which clearly states:

"The calculation is done by a singular value decomposition of the (centered
and possibly scaled) data matrix, not by using eigen on the covariance
matrix. This is generally the preferred method for numerical accuracy. "

-- Bert Gunter