[R] PCA problem in R

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Aug 15 18:48:06 CEST 2005

To add to Brian Ripley's note:

All but possibly the first few (1-3, say) PC's are very likely  random
numbers. You need to either consult references or get statistical help to
understand why. May I also suggest that you add Prof Ripley's book on
PATTERN RECOGNITION AND NEURAL NETWORKS to your reading list -- in
particular, Ch. 9.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box