[R] How to insert a certain model in SVM regarding to fixed kernels

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:18:44 CEST 2005

On 8/12/05, Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> David, Please correct me if I am wrong but I think svm partially works
> with dyn although I don't remember what the specific limitations were.
> Its possible that what works already is enough for Amir. For example,
>
> library(e1071)
> library(dyn)
> set.seed(1)
> y <- ts(rnorm(100))
> y.svm <- dyn$svm(y ~ lag(y))

The above statement should have been y.svm <- dyn$svm(y ~ lag(y,-1))
since we want to bring the previous value of y forward so that it is being
used to predict y (rather than predicting y by bringing the future value of y
backward).  In R positive values for the lag move the series backward
and negative values move it forward.