[R] conjoint optim

christian schulz ozric at web.de
Thu Aug 11 10:13:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

have anybody a starting point or experince  how i could optimize the
results from a conjoint-ananlysis.
I have the idea to optimize this with 2 function , one for the
parth-worth utilities which have to maximize and  a secondconcurrent
 for the cost's of  the parth-worth utilities ("product-parts") which
should be minimize or smaller than value x?

My main problem how i have to construct the formula, beacuse i'm not
operation research expert.

Easy Example:
Parth-Worth Utilities
Attribute1: Color (red=0.1,blue=0.3)
Attribute2: Price (100$=0.4,200$=0.2)

So how i could  use it in a formular that only one color and one price
is choosen from an optimizer to maximize it  (..dummy!?).
In real life it could be up to 20 Attributes and different count's of
levels.

many thanks & regards,
Christian