[R] include C functions from nmath in my own C functions

yyan liu zhliur at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 08:10:16 CEST 2005

Hi:
  I followed the README in src/nmath/standalone/
to make the use the command "make shared" to make the
libRmath.so file. I also add the directories containg
libRmath.so to  LD_LIBRARY_PATH by using command
"export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$/home/zhliu/Backup/R-2.0.1/src/nmath/standalon
"
However, when I try to run the following codes.
/***********************************************/
#define MATHLIB_STANDALONE 1
#include <Rmath.h>

int
main()
{
/* something to force the library to be included */
    qnorm(0.7, 0.0, 1.0, 0, 0);
    return 0;
}
/**************************************************/

It gives me the following error message. It seems
definitions of some R functions can not be found in
the libRmath.so file. Anyone has any idea about this
problem? Thank you very much!

/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`expm1'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`log'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`sqrt'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`rint'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`cos'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`sin'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`pow'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`sinh'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`log10'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`exp'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`tan'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`log1p'
/usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
`hypot'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status