[R] Digest reading is tedious

Earl F. Glynn efg at stowers-institute.org
Wed Aug 10 16:26:00 CEST 2005

"Dirk Eddelbuettel" <edd at debian.org> wrote in message
news:17145.25102.267486.179160 at basebud.nulle.part...
> The R-help (!!) list is available via Gmane.org, a fabulous service that
> archives, redirects, displays, ... a gazillion mailing lists. Among them
are
> are r-help, r-devel, and several r-sig-* lists.  See the top of
>
> http://dir.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.comp.lang.r
>
> for the current list. By Gmane's convention, -help or -user lists often
end
> up as '*.general'. So r-help is at

Reading these "newsgroups" is a great way to keep up with what's going on
with R without the daily digest tedium:
- gmane.comp.lang.r.general
- gmane.comp.lang.r.devel
- gmane.comp.lang.r.announce

The BioConductor mailing list is also there, but I find its name a bit odd:
- gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor

The name makes some sense, but I missed it for months because it didn't have
"bioconductor" exactly in the name.

efg