[R] Digest reading is tedious

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Aug 9 22:14:30 CEST 2005

Jeff Gentry <jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu> writes:

> > Like many, I am sure, I get R-Help in digest form. Its easy enough to
> > browse the
> > subject lines, but then if an entry interests you, you have to embark
> > on this tedious search or scroll to find it.
> > It would be great to have a "clickable" digest, where the topics list
> > is a set of pointers, and clicking on a topic
> > takes you to that entry. I can think of at least one way to do this via
> > web pages, but I bet those with
> > more web skills than me can come up with an elegant solution.
>
> I sincerely hope you don't mean that you wish HTML enabled content in the
> actual emails coming through the mailing list.  People who send HTML in
> email text should be taken out back and shot :)

Pretty much what my spam filter does... Well, it kills the message,
not the sender, although the latter would be a more permanent
solution.

> You could always look through the archives at:
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/
> And simply sort by date or whatever else suits your fancy.

Exactly what I was going to say. In fact, the archives have been
updating considerably faster than my inbox at times when there has
been a "Stau" on the Information Superhighway.

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B