[R] Digest reading is tedious

David Whiting david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 20:30:23 CEST 2005

A.J. Rossini wrote:
> Trevor -
>
> There's a wonderful feature in gnus (the emacs information (including
> mail) reader), that "bursts" digests into subparts for reading (and
> hence, easy access). I think there are other similar tools as well for
> other mail readers.

If you are using linux you can use procmail with formail. I used to do
this a long time ago. See, for example:

http://polydistortion.net/doc/procmail-monash.html#digests

It's been a while since I used it so I'm not sure how much tweaking you
would need to do to get the recipe right for you. But once you have it
done you can then use any email client.

--
David Whiting
School of Clinical Medical Sciences, The Medical School

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by"
(Douglas Adams)