[R] interpolation function

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Aug 5 16:28:22 CEST 2005

	  I hope you don't take offense at anything said on this list.  My
philosophy about this is summarized in something I wrote last December
that has since been immoratlized in the "fortunes" package:

 > library(fortunes)
 > fortune("Spencer Graves")

Our great-great grandchilren as yet unborn may read some of the stupid
questions and/or answers that I and perhaps others give from time to
time. I'd
rather get flamed for saying something stupid in public on this list than to
continue to provide substandard service to the people with whom I work
because
I perpetrated the same mistake in an environment in which no one
questioned so
effectively my errors.
    -- Spencer Graves (in a discussion on whether answers on R-help
should be
       more polite)
       R-help (December 2004)

	  Best Wishes,
	  spencer graves

Rolf Turner wrote:

> What you intend strikes me as being pretty silly.  Do not expect R to
> work magic for you.  Even if there were such a function as you desire
> in R, the results it would give would be effectively meaningless for
> data such as you exhibited.
>
> 			cheers,
>
> 				Rolf Turner
> 				rolf at math.unb.ca