[R] linkage disequilibrium

Cristian cristian at biometria.univr.it
Thu Aug 4 19:36:35 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I'm using the package "Genetics", and I'm interested in the computation of D'
statistics for Linkage Disequilibrium, for which the LD() command has been
realised. Unfortunately I don't find any reference on "how" the D' is computed
by the LD() function. In the package documentation it is generally referred as
"MLE" estimation, but references are not provided. Does anybody knows how it is
obtained or, at least, some references?

Are there any other R package performing the D' computation both for phased and
unphased genotype?

Thanks!
Cristian

Cristian Pattaro
Unit of Epidemiology & Medical Statistics
Department of Medicine and Public Health
University of Verona, Italy