[R] (no subject)

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 04:51:58 CEST 2005

I've been using R for a while under Mac OS X, which thanks to the R
on OS X developers, is probably the best platform for learning R.  I
recently built a Linux box with a Pentium D processor, and am running
an AMD64 port of Ubuntu with the SMP kernel.

After setting up the basics on the box, I thought I'd install R as
well. I've had a very hard time finding good documentation on some
configure flags/options for compiling a 64-bit version of R on
Linux.  I thought this was very strange, considering Linux is
apparently the R developer's platform of choice.

Can anyone point me to some good build instructions for 64-bit R
under Linux?  Should I compile it against any additional libraries
for better performance?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

--Jake