[R] grid and ps device (bg-color)

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Apr 30 00:20:15 CEST 2005

Hi

mkondrin wrote:
> Hello!
> Is it a bug or something?
> When I try to draw a grid-graphics on ps output background color is
> always transparent (with standard plot(...) this is not the case  - the
> background is filled with ps.options()$bg color).  What's wrong? Drawing
> a background grid.rect does not help - there is always small transparent
> margains along picture frame. Can this be fixed (I use R-2.0.1)?

Yes, it's a bug.  Grid does not take appropriate notice of some
important initial device settings.  A fix is on my todo list.   In the
meantime, is the following workaround adequate (draw a filled rectangle
much larger than the device)?

grid.rect(width=2, height=2,
           gp=gpar(fill=ps.options()$bg.color))

Paul