[R] normality test

Johannes Hüsing johannes at huesing.name
Thu Apr 28 20:45:26 CEST 2005

Bert wrote:
>>You probably have noticed that
>> I'm quite new
>> to statistics, but I'm working on that...
>>

> And you want to use Bayesian methods?!

I was always under the impression that it's mostly a matter of mindset if
you go Bayesian or frequentist, not of your statistical skills.

[...]
> "The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
> process."  - George E. P. Box

And I find this quote a bit disturbing because a catalyst leaves the process
unchanged, yet as a statistician I might at least sometimes have learnt a
bit of the subject matter problem.

And no, I have nothing substantial to contribute any more tonight.

Greetings

Johannes