[R] algorithm used in k-mean clustering

Asha Jayanthi ashajayanthi at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:30:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have used the kmean fucntion in R to produce some results for my analysis.

I like to know the specific underlying algorithm used for the implementation
of the function kmean in R. I tried looking for some documents but could not
find any.

I obtained the kmean result for k ranging from 2 to 10. When i did this
initally it worked perfectly. When i tried running again i get the error

Error: empty cluster: try a better set of initial centers

and i have not changed anything in the code. And i get this error only for k
= 2 and 10.

does anyone know why it worked well intially and failed now?

Asha

Will he be rookie of the year?