[R] dr ()

Jessica Higgs jlh599 at psu.edu
Fri Apr 22 20:48:13 CEST 2005

Hi all--

A quick question about the dr () function. I am using this function to
reduce the dimensions of a data set I have that involves 14 predictor
variables and one predictant or response. The goal is to discover which
variables play the most important role in determining the response and,
thus, to reduce the variables. I would like to use the sliced inverse
regression method (SIR) within this function but each time I specify 8
slices, it only performs 5 slices. Any suggestions/thoughts?

THanks,
Jessica